IT Defense In Depth Part IBeits Livneh
- Last year 60% of California businesses reported a stolen smartphone and 43% reported losing a tablet with sensitive information.
- The breaches perpetrated by Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden occurred because they were able to access devices with sensitive information.
- For example, Comptia left 200 USB devices in front of various public spaces across the country to see if people would pick a strange device and insert into their work or personal computers. 17% fell for it.
- Keep all computers and devices under the supervision of an employee or locked away at all times.
- Only let authorized employees use your devices
- Do not plug in any unknown USB devices.
- Destroy obsolete hard drives before throwing them out