Employee education- Periodic technology classes at your office
Lunch-and-learn and group classes are provided to our clients on a regular basis (2-3 times / year, per request), by one of our technical staff members.
Our CLE classes entitles you to ETHICS credit as well, in most cases!
Choose between many topics:
Introduction to computers, the internet and operating system…
- The internet: what it is, why it’s important, and why is it dangerous?
- How does the internet “work”
- What is the “internet of things”
- Dangers, damages and loss related to internet usage
- Learn how to surf “smarter” and recognize malicious and phishing sites
- Desktop, Laptop, Tablet and phones: Windows, Android and Mac – what is the difference and why should I care?
- Learn the differences between the different hardware that you can purchase.
- What is an “operating system”
- How to choose the right device for your specific needs
- Cross-platform: understand how to collaborate between different operating systems/ devices
- “Should I move to a Mac, or stay with a PC? Or can I have both?”
- Different browsers- What to use when surfing the web?
- Hardware and software- the basics of how computers are built and what to look for when you buy a PC.
- Explain RAM/ CPU/ motherboard/ hard drive and other components
- How to shop for the right computer/ device for your needs
- Is a laptop better than a desktop? When is one better than the other?
- Windows 7 and windows 8, Home vs. Pro differences, 32 and 64 bit- what’s better, for who, and why?
- What are the main differences between the versions of Windows operating system?
- What are the differences between 32 bit and 64 bit ?
- Is Windows 8 “ready” and bug-free? Should I still buy windows 7 computer if I can find one?
Microsoft office, alternative solutions and add-ons
- Microsoft office? Or can I use something else?
- What is Microsoft Office
- What are the alternatives of Microsoft Office? Are they usable?
- Demo of Open Office, with comparison to Microsoft Office
- Different versions of MS office- what should you choose?
- Outlook (Basic)- Emails, contacts and calendar
- Learn how to create an Email message, add a signature, and send to a group of people
- Learn how to create contacts and keep them organized with categories
- Learn how to schedule an appointment, invite an attendee and set up recurring items
- Outlook (advanced) – Beyond the Emails, contacts and calendar/ Add-ons and useful shortcuts.
- Learn about QuickParts, Objects, search folders, Simplyfile, keyboard shortcuts
- Share your availability via Email
- Add custom fields to contacts for easier contact management
Take care of your technology: DIY or outsource?
- When and why should I ask for help?
- What issues you should ask a professional to help you with? What should you try on your own?
- The simple math that business owners forget to consider when choosing the next step
- Examples of DIY disasters related to backup and security
- How to spot a “phishy” Email?
- Examples of phishing scams and fake Emails
- How to recognize and what are the obvious signs
- What to do when you get an infected Email
- Can you prevent those Emails completely? How to prevent receipt of spam and infected email
- Infections- how to tell if you are infected, what to do about it, what are the risks?
- Can my Mac or phone get infected?
- How do I know if my computer is infected? What are the usual signs?
- Is it just slowing you down? Or is there other damage?
- I’m infected… now what? – How to remove viruses, and what programs are out there to help you?
- Hardware issues- diagnosis, prevention and DIY fixes…
- How do I know if my computer’s issues are hardware related, or software related?
- Process of elimination: we’ll share some tips and tricks on how to diagnose issues by yourself
- Most common hardware issues on PC and Mac- and what can I do to minimize the risks?
- Demo of hard drive replacement on a laptop and/or desktop
- How to choose a service company for your network? What to ask on the interview, what to look out for?
- Learn what mistakes people make as they choose the wrong technology provider
- Behind the scene secrets: how to determine if you should worry, or if you are in good hands
- What questions you should ask before you hire your IT company
- We’re all humans- but which mistakes that your provider makes, should not be overlooked or forgiven?
- “To click, or not to click?” – That SHOULD be the question… (safe web browsing)
- Websites can be tricky- learn how to minimize the clicks on bad links
- Popup on your computer can say one thing, and mean another- learn what’s real and fake
- You clicked on a link you knew you shouldn’t have… what do you do?
- How to protect your computer from yourself? – what programs are good to keep on your PC for protection